Tuesday, May 25, 2010

THE CLOTHES BAR, EMPHASIS ON THE CLOTHES

This past Saturday I had the privilege of attending a fashion truck show hosted by Althea Harper from Season 6 of Project Runway Project Runway: Season Six at The Clothes Bar in Clarence, NY.  I had never been to The Clothes Bar before, but I recall hearing the name because it was so unusual.  The Clothes Bar is a clothing store, not a bar.  My eyes went wild the second I got in the door.  I was super impressed with the large selection of hip clothing for women 18-40 something.  They had everything from cute summer dresses to short evening gowns and trendy accessories.  Painted shoes were hung on the brightly painted walls.  I LOVED it!  My mom and I got a chance to talk with Althea and ask her about her experience on Project Runway (This is the second project runway person I have met before, woo hoo!).  Althea was absolutely gorgeous - 6' blonde, perfect hair, makeup and a fab bod.  We told her a little bit about our business, rice rafferty.   We loved that Althea dyed her clothing by hand!  Althea's clothing is made from bamboo!  Overall it was a great afternoon hanging with rockin fashionistas!

To view some of Althea's designs go here http://altheaharper.com/Project Runway: Season SixProject Runway: Season Six

No comments:

Post a Comment