Saturday, October 26, 2013

Art in Craft Media






A few weekends back I went to visit my parents in Buffalo, NY.  My mom's artwork was in the new art exhibit at the Burchfield Penney Art Museum - Art in Craft Media.  My mom's art deals with her recent experience with breast cancer.  Breast cancer used to be a death sentence, but thanks to modern medicine breast cancer is one of the most treatable cancers now, but going through the process of treating cancer is no easy task.  I really admire her strength.  Creativity, art making, and the support of friends helped her to cope.  Her artwork in the show was a sculptural dress made from upcycled coffee filters and cancer cell images.  I'm so proud of her!  

Her prints are now for sale at the Burchfield Penney Art Museum gift shop and online

to view more of her artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment