Friday, December 11, 2009

Designing for the Changing Seasons

This was the first ad I designed to focus on a few different specials.



I designed some black friday ads. It was a challenge trying to get in the Christmas mode in early November, but I rose to the occasion. Thinking ahead seasonally is essential as a designer, so I'm getting used to it. Once you start thinking ahead it becomes exciting...looking forward to next season's events (ie: Right now I'm thinking spring and it's really helping me get through the winter). For inspiration I looked at trends in black friday ads, then I blasted some rockin' Christmas music. I thought about my favorite Christmas movies like the Polar Express. My favorite part about Christmas movies are how people come together as a community during this magical time. My design has a Disney-esque whimsical quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment