Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'VE BEEN BITTEN


Guess what? I finally saw the movie Twilight and I'm hooked. I know, I know...it took me long enough and yes I plan to read the book too. The film appeals to both men and women because of the balance of romance and action scenes. Twilight is action packed!

Vampire movies never really struck a chord with me until this one. I first heard of the novel Twilight on Sunday Morning about a year or so ago. Stephenie Meyer's story of how she wrote the novel is what interested me the most. Stephenie, a wife and a mother of three, woke up from a reoccurring dream of a teenage vampire falling in love with a human. She sat down and wrote the novel in one summer. The words just poured out of her.

Twilight had a Donnie Darko feel about it, since they both share the thriller, scifi, romance categories. The cinematography, music, and scenery were great. Washington state was an appropriate setting with its cold, wet, misty climate and lush vegetation. It added to the creepiness. The dialogue was simple, but it's mostly high school kids talking. At least it was more realistic than Dawson's Creek dialogue. I loved the actors. The chemistry between Bella and Edwards was amazing. The meadow scene was my favorite. The vampires jumping around and climbing trees was strange, but I guess they had to do something to make them different from humans.

I really wasn't really sure what to expect, but I now understand all the talk about Twilight. I'm one of those people now! I plan to read all the books. I saw the trailer for New Moon and it gave me actual chills. I can't remember the last trailer that caused that sort of reaction. Countdown to Nov. 20, 2009...

No comments:

Post a Comment