Monday, August 10, 2009

while i was away...




Hello All! I'm sorry its been awhile since I've posted. I drove from New York State to Georgia and back. Everyone should do that drive sometime. We live in a beautiful country with such different landscapes, plant life, and animals. I saw alligators, turkeys, palm trees, spanish moss, oak trees, lakes, oceans, etc...

While I was away I read about the shooting in Pittsburgh, Pa, August 4, 2009 at an LA Fitness center in my old neighborhood. The gunman lived a few streets away from me. I rode the school bus past his house for years. This is the kind of stuff my grandma would have nightmares about. She was always watching the news and worrying about things...now I see for just reason! My prayers go out to the victims, their families, and the gunman. He was very disturbed and isolated. It's sad he didn't have anyone to turn to. We must reach out to people who look as though they're going through a difficult time.

On another note my favorite writer/director, John Hughes, died August 6, 2009. You may know his movies - Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Home Alone, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club and many others. I was looking forward to his future films. His films will be appreciated for generations to come. RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment