Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dreaming of Montreal

My trip to Montreal was almost a month ago now, but it feels like yesterday. I find myself daydreaming of Montreal and Quebec. The food was scrumptious and the architecture was breathtaking. I find myself craving croissant and raspberry tarts.

The underground mall was really cool; it's a great feature during the winter months. Buffalo should really take note of that. While walking around Montreal in the summer heat it was hard to imagine the city covered in snow drifts come December.

After I got home I was doing a little research and I had no idea how many movies were filmed around Montreal. Catch Me If You Can, Abandon, I'm Not There, The Fountain, Wicker Park, The Aviator, The Day After Tomorrow, The Notebook, The Terminal, The Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Noel were all filmed in Montreal. Movies are often filmed in Canada because it's cheaper and the scenery is gorgeous. Old Montreal is especially popular because it resembles a European city.

No comments:

Post a Comment