Monday, September 13, 2010

Fabric Flower Corsages


The beginning of September has me reminiscing of homecoming season - brisk autumn evenings watching football games and the homecoming dance.  I loved dressing up and going to school dances with my friends.  I was thinking about one of the most memorable parts - the corsages!  The wrist corsage was such a fun part of the homecoming dance, but it always made me sad when the flowers would dry out.  I decided this would be a great idea for a new rice rafferty design - upcycled fabric flower corsages.  A corsage is a great way to dress up any outfit for weddings, dances, homecoming, prom, mother's day, or just a special evening out!  A corsage is also a great keepsake.

The wrist corsage above is made from pink tulle, shear nylon floral petals, pearl beads, and an elastic wrist band.  Corsages can also be made so you can add live flowers into it too. 

www.ricerafferty.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment