Thursday, September 23, 2010

Work or Play?


"You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether what you're doing is work or play." --Warren Beatty

Friday night I was supposed to go out with my friend Kristen; however, plans fell through.  I sat down and decided I needed a chill session so I turned on the 2 hour Grey's Anatomy season finale from April that I missed.  Yes, it's now September, but this was great because now I don't have to wait months to see what happens next!  WOW.  I'm not so into tv these days, but it was riveting.  A shooter was in the hospital and a ton of our favorite characters were getting shot.  Grey's Anatomy always has an action packed season finale.  The story had me on the edge of my seat and it was heart felt.

After Grey's I put on a more calming Hallmark movie (my secret pleasure).  I looked around the studio and decided to make something (my hands must always keep busy).  My mother recently hand dyed a few yards of tulle bright oranges, pinks, and yellows.  I started making little rosettes and stitching beads and pearls for some new corsages.  It was just me...alone on a friday night and it felt damn good!  While playing with the tulle I got a flashback of my favorite movie when I was kid West Side Story.  I thought of the scene when Natalie Wood was dancing around in the seamstress clothing shop, her family owned, singing the song I Feel Pretty.  It feels like things are beginning to click and fall into place.  I'm doing what I'm supposed to do.  I'm on the right track!  Hours go by like minutes and I don't want to stop working.

The picture above is the tulle.  Aren't the colors delicious?  I had fun just playing around with it.  Have you ever noticed great ideas often occur when you're playing?  I suggest to make some time to play today.  What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment