Saturday, March 17, 2018

Paint Your Doormat - Great Kid Project




One of my favorite things about being a mom is teaching my son how to make art. We have so much fun painting and drawing together. It’s also very important to me to use recyled materials. I noticed that our doormat was looking very worn and I started to hunt for new designs, then I thought why don’t I just paint it. I started painting the doormat myself with acrylic paints like a mosaic. Brady saw what I was doing and he decided to join the fun. He started to smear the paint and mix the colors. I actually really loved his method. Kids have a way of creating that is so free and exploratory. After the design is complete spray with a clear UV Acrylic Coating. Enjoy!

Materials you’ll need:
Acrylic paint
Paint brushes or sponges
Clear Acrylic Coating Spray Paint
Paper Towels for Clean Up

No comments:

Post a Comment