Thursday, April 21, 2011

Make Your Easter Special




Spring is my favorite season!  I wanted to share some images of the things that make Easter extra special. When preparing your food and decorations always remember "devils in the detail." The little details on your table are going to be the most important to really make your holiday unique.  Choose a color scheme and stick to it.

The top photo shows some hard boiled eggs I dyed using rubber bands and dye.  Boil the eggs, wrap the rubber bands around the eggs, and dip them in dye until you've reached your desired color.  It's a really simple way to make a fun, quick pattern - very fashion forward!  Next to the eggs is the famous "butter lamb."  It's so cute.  I always feel bad cutting him. The butter lamb is a big hit in the Buffalo, NY area. I've never heard of them anywhere else.  You can buy them at most grocery stores around Buffalo or for the hardcore Easter fans you can make a trip to the Broadway Market. At the Broadway Market you can buy some chocolate, platcek, pierogies, and kobasa.  Next to the butter lamb are handmade chocolates.  I always make some chocolate using my grandmother's chocolate molds.  It makes me feel closer to loved ones who have died carrying on their traditions.

Spring flowers are beginning to bloom!  A sure sign that warmer weather is on its way.  Easter wouldn't be  complete without the aroma of lilies. 

And of course my favorite part of the holidays is sharing the day with my family, friends, and loved ones.  Hope you found some of my tips helpful. 

HAPPY EASTER!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment