I've been social networking for years through AOL profiles, AOL instant messenger away statuses, myspace, facebook status updates, and now twitter. Over the years you see a lot of information people share - some good, some bad. Here are a few tips for things to leave out of your status updates:
- do not write about your children puking
- do not write when you're having a down day
- don't complain about people (the energy you put out in the world comes back to you)
- don't write about your stomach feeling sick
- don't complain about it being Monday. Inspire your readers!
Yes, sometimes we have bad days and it may cross your mind to share it on facebook, but is that really going to help? Always try to put a positive spin on things. Positivity is as contagious as negativity, so why not put a tad more effort into it and try to cheer someone up?